The prize includes two flights to Brisbane, gold pass tickets to the festival, four nights accommodation, five days rental car hire and NZD $1000 spending money.
The Noosa Food and Wine Festival (May 17-20, 2012) involves four days of superb cuisine, fine wines and fabulous events. Among the premier food and wine events in Australia, the Festival boasts an influential line-up of over 200 leading international and national chefs, iconic winemakers, high profile food and wine media, restaurateurs and serious foodies.
The Festival’s showcase event is the Qantas Best Dinner in the World, a stellar seven-course degustation dinner with matching wines presented by Lisa Perrotti-Brown, Master of Wine, and hosted by Matt Preston. Internationally acclaimed chefs Mark Best, Fergus Henderson, Alvin Leung, Davide Scabin, Ben Shewry, David Thompson and Seiji Yamamoto will also feature.
New highlights for the 2012 Festival include:
- Maggie Beer and Simon Bryant combining forces with the Queensland Arts Orchestra along with Jane Rutter and Guy Noble, in The Cook, The Chef and The Orchestra for the Gala Concert and Dinner.
- Three inspirational women Stephanie Alexander, Nicki Reimer and winemaker Jane Ferrari discuss food wine and their colourful career paths at a special Westpac Ruby Luncheon.
- An expanded program of Hinterland Food Trails this year adds a luscious lunch visit beside the orchard at Freestyle Escape accompanied by a string quartet and a mini farmers market.
- The Village Wine Marquee featuring some of Australia’s best wine maestros presenting tastings and sharing their extensive wine knowledge.
- The International Riverside Marquee showcasing three picnic lunches over three days presented by Australia’s foremost specialty chefs celebrating France, Italy and Asia.
Located on Queensland’s Sunshine Coast, Noosa is one of Australia’s most iconic coastal destinations, surrounded by lush rainforest and boasting world class beaches, restaurants, spas and Hasting Street’s boutiques as well as fabulous waterways for boating and fishing activities.
For further information on the Festival visit www.noosafoodandwine.com.au
For more information on Noosa visit www.visitnoosa.com.au